jezzy

J-J

I love reading and i will read, well, try, just about any book. My favourite genre is paranormal. Yep i am a huge fan of vampires. Recently i have started reading romance novels. I also enjoy erotica novels, the likes of 50 shades, the crossfire series.

Much more recent i have discovered indie authors and i am enjoying reading their books.

My motto is :- Read what you love, Love what you read!!

Grave Secret

Grave Secret  - Charlaine Harris I really enjoyed this series, i am a little sad that this is the last one. This series, of only four books, held my attention, it grabbed me. Had me begging for more. I could not put it down. I wish there was more books, i hate to be saying goodbye to Harper, Tolliver & Manfred. I have grown to love these characters, they are real people to me, a part of my world, how ever small a part they was. Maybe, just maybe, they will return, giving us some more insight into Harper's unique talent.After being struck by lightening Harper could find corpses, she could feel the dead humming.

Anyway back to the book, Grave Secret. Firstly i want to get something out the way. It did make me cringe a little that Harper still called Tolliver her brother after they had slept together, i do believe it was more out of habit then anything else. They are not blood related so i don't have a problem with them being together.

In this book, Harper & Tolliver are asked by a very rich family, the Joyce's to do a grave reading at their grandfathers grave. Who happen to live near their little sisters who live with Harper's aunt & uncle, who are a little more accommodating this time, less hostile. Once there, Harper discovers something no one else knew, having not been lead straight to the grave, she stumbles across that of their grandfather's caregiver. Who didn't die quiet as they had all been told. It is this revelation that sends everything spiralling out of control.It seems that someone wants Harper dead & with Tolliver's dad Matthew Lang turning up, like bad penny he is & always will be. He tries to weed his way back in with Tolliver but he's not the push over Mark his older brother is. Throughout this novel as the others the under current is, they still want to find out what happened to Cameron, Harper's older sister who has been missing for eight years. Of course there has been many so called sightings of Cameron, but all came to nothing. In Harper's heart she knew Cameron was dead, had been killed but she didn't know where she was.

There is plenty of twists & turns in this, some i guess, some i didn't. All the loose ends was tied up, does that mean there never will be any more Harper Connelly books?, in this book. I do hope we do get more from Harper & Tolliver. The conclusion is surprising to me, i am not going to spoil it for anyone, so won't name anyone. No i can honestly say i did not expect what was coming.

Over all, this series gives so much. It is like nothing i've read before, never has someone got an ability or talent from being hit by lightening or any other way in any other book i've read. I do enjoy Charlaine Harris books, she has a very unique way of capturing her readers & keeping them hooked. I will say it again, it will me my closing line. I loved this series. I hope we get to meet Harper & Tolliver again.

Please don't let the Harper Connelly mysteries die,