jezzy

J-J

I love reading and i will read, well, try, just about any book. My favourite genre is paranormal. Yep i am a huge fan of vampires. Recently i have started reading romance novels. I also enjoy erotica novels, the likes of 50 shades, the crossfire series.

Much more recent i have discovered indie authors and i am enjoying reading their books.

My motto is :- Read what you love, Love what you read!!

Mothernight

Mothernight - Sarah Stovell ~~~~~~~~~THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS~~~~~~~~~~~ MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After reading this on the back of the book below,
'I was beginning to realise that time didn't move forwards here. It just spun round and round, circling an old date, endlessly'. So says seventeen-year-old Olivia who spends the summer at the home of her boarding school friend, the brilliant, distant, lonely Leila. Their intense relationship circles Leila's painful past: a dreadful accident when she was five, and then the sudden death of her infant brother four years later. Olivia meets Leila's childhood friend Rosie, a disturbing, manipulative influence, and Katherine, Leila's step-mother: bitter, damaged and unforgiving. Now on the verge of adulthood, Leila decides to confront her past and her family, but the atmosphere of blame and recrimination hangs as heavy as the summer heat and will prove more powerful than she could have ever imagined.

& buying this for the intriguing cover. I have to say i really do not know how i should feel. Yes we all expect a happy ending, we have been lulled into that happening every time. In live its not always possible

Leila is a young child who makes friends with another girl called Rosie, who has been adopted & now lives next to Leila. Leila learnt early in live about death & loss. Her mother died in a car crash that she survived. Maybe she carried guilt. Rosie is a very bad influence on an already vulnerable girl. To me she is the leader, she says do it & Leila does it, inside i think she does question why but is too scared to not do as Rosie has asked.

To everyone else Rosie is a lovely girl who has been given the chance of a happy home. Though out the book, we are told of Leila's step-mother Katherine. It is very clear that she doesn't care much for her partner's daughter. She blames her for Alfie's death, Leila is sent away to boarding school at the age of 10. She copes by throwing herself into her studies.

Personally, i think she has a personality disorder & i strongly believe ROSIE was the one who killed Alfie, even if it wasn't by her hands, she was the driving force, manipulating Leila into believing the baby should join Leila's mother in death. I believe she convinced her it was for the best.

Leila meets Olivia & with a dear & close friend she is able to find a little piece of happiness, they gradually fall in love. Against the school rules, yet even after the put them in separate rooms, they still find time to be together.

After going home, to Leila's family home, Ash Farm, things spiral out of control. Leila hits rock bottom & Rosie's influence is at the fore front again. She is to blame, i believe Rosie hated to see anyone happy, she wasn't happy so no one will be happy. She destroyed what little happiness Leila & Olivia had made for themselves, raking up everything that had passed.

It isn't a long book, i can't honestly say i am glad i read it. Yes it is a well wrote story, it deals with issues others might shy away from. I just wanted a different ending, maybe Leila didn't deserve a happy ending, but what did Olivia do? she is left to pick up the pieces, who knows maybe she will never recover. Leila was slightly selfish in the end.