jezzy

J-J

I love reading and i will read, well, try, just about any book. My favourite genre is paranormal. Yep i am a huge fan of vampires. Recently i have started reading romance novels. I also enjoy erotica novels, the likes of 50 shades, the crossfire series.

Much more recent i have discovered indie authors and i am enjoying reading their books.

My motto is :- Read what you love, Love what you read!!

Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #4; Were-Hunter, #2)

Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #4; Were-Hunter, #2) - Sherrilyn Kenyon I am running out of words. I can not describe how much i love these books. Its not just the characters, its the writing, its the humour & the wit. It all just fits together & makes one hell of a book.

I must say this is one of my favourites. Zarek touched a part of me i never thought possible.

We first encounter Zarek, in NIGHT EMBRACE, a sociopathic (his own words) Dark hunter who trusts no one, doesn't let anyone get close to him, in any way. As we learn of his upbringing; we begin to understand why he is like he is, growing up a Roman slave he is the whipping boy of a powerful family until he is sold? well technically his ''father'' paid someone to take him, before he goes to be another family, into further slavery and degradation and later stoned to death for a crime he didn't commit.

Enter the goddess Artemis answering his call for vengeance, however his conversion of man into immortal is not that of a standard DH which makes for some interesting results.
Zarek is an outcast even amongst the Dark hunter clan, an immortal warrior who possesses no social skills and an obvious death wish. Scrape the surface though and we meet a lonely man deeply scarred by vague memories of a horrendous crime he committed following his rebirth as an immortal. At the end of her tether with him following his actions in New Orleans, Artemis,is determined that Zarek should be executed. Acheron is against this idea and negotiates a brief reprieve. He persuades a justice nymph Astrid to judge Zarek's soul, a nymph who in all the history of the world has never found anyone innocent. Jaded by her past experiences Astrid is reluctant to take on this job but agrees to watch over Zarek for a 2 week period and then deliver her verdict. As you can guess, it doesn't go according to plan,

I shall stop there, as if i continue i will end up spoiling the whole book.