jezzy

J-J

I love reading and i will read, well, try, just about any book. My favourite genre is paranormal. Yep i am a huge fan of vampires. Recently i have started reading romance novels. I also enjoy erotica novels, the likes of 50 shades, the crossfire series.

Much more recent i have discovered indie authors and i am enjoying reading their books.

My motto is :- Read what you love, Love what you read!!

The Mane Event (Pride, #1)

The Mane Event (Pride, #1) - Shelly Laurenston A friend recommended these to me and i am sure glad she did.

This book had two stories in it, the first about Mace and Dez, Christmas Pride. The second about Brendon and Ronnie Lee, Shaw's Tail.

These books are different yes they are about shifters but not your average shifters, these are lions, cheetahs, wolves, wild dogs, bears. Which makes them in my eyes more appealing. It was enjoyable to read something different. It has a lot of the basics like other shifter books, like they have just one mate.

Mace is a lion shifter and should be a breeding male in his pride but he went into the navy to avoid being the one thing he never wanted to be. His sister wasn't happy and she makes her feelings known, often. Yet nothing or no-one will come between Mace and the love of his life. The love of his life is one Desiree "Dez" MacDermot.

Dez is a cop and investigating a murder, she is interviewing Missy Llewellyn, Mason, otherwise known as Mace, has just come home from the navy after doing 20+ years duty. On leaving the office she see's Mace, her old school friend. Reconnecting after all these years, Dez thinks he's just after a good time, Mace wants her forever. Its up to Mace to prove it without scaring her off. Mace wants her so much that he is willing to do anything for her.

Ronnie Lee, best friends with Sissy Mae, brother to Bobby Ray who is now in business with Mace. Bobby & Mace have set up a security firm. Ronnie and Sissy have had a lot of mad crazy adventure.

After being lured away, Dez finds herself lost within the hyena's tunnels. In her bid to escape she comes across some guy getting beaten, the cop in her won't leave him to his fate, she manages to get the lions away from him and starts to drag him out of the tunnels, struggling might i add. Some of Smitty's pack are there, searching for Dez. After getting him out and into a shifter hospital he is left in the capable hands of one Ronnie Lee Reed. Brendon is instantly attracted to this little she-wolf. Who in turn does everything in her power to protect him, including busting him from the hospital after finding two humans beaten but still breathing in his room. Ronnie thinks its just the fever that's causing the attraction. Yet Ronnie can't deny the pull he has on her. As always nothing is ever that easy and love is worth fighting for.

Well worth the read, i will be reading others in this series.