jezzy

J-J

I love reading and i will read, well, try, just about any book. My favourite genre is paranormal. Yep i am a huge fan of vampires. Recently i have started reading romance novels. I also enjoy erotica novels, the likes of 50 shades, the crossfire series.

Much more recent i have discovered indie authors and i am enjoying reading their books.

My motto is :- Read what you love, Love what you read!!

This Man (This Man, #1)

This Man (This Man, #1) - Jodi Ellen Malpas *sighs heavily*

After reading this i am feeling..... i really don't know. I have no words to describe how i am feeling.

I am struggling to rate this, i am stuck between 2 and 3 stars. In some ways i liked in, in others i hated it. Yet i did finish it, which says a lot in itself.

2.5 stars

There is no point me hiding it. I was very vocal about this book. I nearly launched my kindle across the room. I decided to leave it for a while and come back to it.

I don't know where to start with this book. I did not like Jesse, i hated the way he was with Ava. He was way too possessive, controlling and barbaric. The way he spoke. If i hear, ''watch your mouth'' one more time i will ram the damn book in his throat. How can he be so condescending? He is such a prick.

To start with i liked Ava,she was strong and independent. She was good at her career and was flying high. She was well liked by her colleagues and her friends. Yet she turned into a quivering wreck the moment Jesse looked at her. He told her nothing, she didn't even know how old he was. If age isn't an issue then why hide it?

Kate is suppose to be her best friend yet she allowed Jesse to ''trample'' over her and get Ava's stuff. Was Kate too blinded by the gift of a van to stop him?

Oh i hated the way Jesse wanted to control Ava's life. He wanted her all the time, he wouldn't let her breathe. He even tried to take control of her work life. Does he not realise how unattractive a quality it is?

I suspect that, for some unknown reason, he was the one who kept hiding Ava's birth control too, why would any man do that? Another aspect of his controlling nature.

I know people said this was similar to 50 shades or the crossfire series, but the only similarities i see is that its the same genre. Neither Gideon or Christian tried to stop Ana or Eva working. I would say personally that its on the same lines as Consequences series as the main character in that book kidnaps the woman, cutting all contact with her former life.

I understand how Ava missed what the manor really was. She was blinded by Jesse, he went out of his way to hide what the manor was. He had opportunities to tell her. He is a grown man who has severe insecurities, which i know alot of people do have and have carried through their entire adult life. If he had loved, sorry i mean, needed, her as much as he said he should of found a way to tell her everything. Hiding things made her run away.

Will i read the next book or the third book? I am not 100% i am in two minds. Yes i want to know Jesse's secrets and what he hides. I also want to know why Matt is sniffing around, what is he up to? and calling her parents? That seems weird to me.