jezzy

J-J

I love reading and i will read, well, try, just about any book. My favourite genre is paranormal. Yep i am a huge fan of vampires. Recently i have started reading romance novels. I also enjoy erotica novels, the likes of 50 shades, the crossfire series.

Much more recent i have discovered indie authors and i am enjoying reading their books.

My motto is :- Read what you love, Love what you read!!

A intense and gripping read

Who I Was - Kasidy Blake

WOW!!!

Okay, let me thing... i mean think..... yes i need to think.................................................................................

Right i am back. So okay, let me start at the basics, like the beginning, it's always the best place to start.... opps sorry i am babbling.....

So this is the debut novel by Kasidy Blake and boy what a debut novel... so the outline, siblings Parker and Lillian are in witness protection after their parents got murdered. They have both had numerous identities and have been moved more times than they care to mention. I could not even to begin to comprehend what that must be like. To not have roots, to have nothing personal other than clothes.

Lillian and Parker had each other and when the s*** went down the clung even tighter. When the impossible happens and Parker is taken, things are upped a gear and Lillian meets someone from her past Braxton, she is surprised at how he's changed and obviously grown. They drive across the country changing cars often. All the while trying to find a way to rescue Parker.

They are given new identities and Lillian is now Andrea and she has a boyfriend Cannon. Another member of the witness protection agency. I wasn't taken with Cannon as our first impression of him was him making out with a busty blonde on the sofa. There is a few twists and turns within the book. Someone is slipping information out to the enemy.

One thing and possibly the only bad thing was, i didn't really like was how Lillian seemed to play with both Braxton and Cannon. I thought that was a little mean. Especially after Braxton told her how he felt and she said she wanted to find Parker before she could do anything else. Yet she fell into Cannon's arms.

I am intrigued to know what happened and how it will play out in the next book.

Overall it was an intense and gripping read.