jezzy

J-J

I love reading and i will read, well, try, just about any book. My favourite genre is paranormal. Yep i am a huge fan of vampires. Recently i have started reading romance novels. I also enjoy erotica novels, the likes of 50 shades, the crossfire series.

Much more recent i have discovered indie authors and i am enjoying reading their books.

My motto is :- Read what you love, Love what you read!!

A Novel Obsession (Novel Series, #1)

A Novel Obsession (Novel Series, #1) - Jeff Joseph Book Description:~

Abby has met the man of her dreams; too bad he lives in her fantasies! Nightly, she pulls out his book and dreams of a romantic life with him, just like many other women do as his popularity and romantic image grows. Meanwhile, in the small town where Abby lives, she becomes the object of rivalry between several jealous and obsessive suitors, compounded by the interference of well-meaning friends and family.

Daniel Sheppard is a best-selling author who has trouble living out the romantic novels he writes. As he becomes more and more famous, he yearns for a love of his own to fill the void in his life. By chance, he discovers that he and Abby may be kindred spirits, but he is unable to contact her.

Will Abby and Daniel find each other across the miles and beyond the barrier of small town gossip? Or, will they remain each other's Novel Obsession?

My Review.

I started this book (17/10/13) finishing it (18/10/13) Just like Abby, i read it in two sittings.

I liked the theme of the book, it had a good story line which developed through the book, becoming slightly darker, for me that was not expected. We all have had them, a book crush, normally for me it’s a character within the book. I did find that Abby did come across, at times, a little holier than thou, but thankfully it wasn't often. She wants what everyone wants, a happier ever after, do they exist in real life? Who knows.

The story centres around Abby and Jules (Julie) they grew up together and have been more like sisters than best friends. Unknown to Abby she is the object of affection for several of the males in town. Abby sees only good in people and only wants to see the good in people. I feel one of the men in question exploits it and uses it for his own advantage. Jules I find is a little self centred, (to me) she seems hell bent on getting Abby married off, bared footed and pregnant. I have a very valid question that I can’t ask as it would be a spoiler. Yes Abby is in her 30’s but its hardly old. There are things Jules does which I find totally annoying.I know friends do set friends up on blind dates and so forth. But to lie so blatantly. But that said Abby, being so good natured, does love her as she forgives her time and time again. Which you would do for you best friend. I do love their friendship, its not so close they are with each other all the time, yet still close enough that if they haven’t spoken for a couple of days its like no time has passed and they can pick up from where they was.
Beau Bradford, I think he is a character who thinks and feels he is doing the right thing, putting everyone and everything for his school, the town and the community above all else. Yet he isn't really, all he cares about is himself and his needs. And what he wants and needs is Abby Lane. He believes they are destined to be together. All he needs to do is prove it to Abby. Along comes a problem, that problem was in the shape of an ex-footballer called Bill Thompson, who is, on the surface, a perfect guy, he’s good looking, got a good body, good all rounder. Beau is not so sure, he thinks he’s too good to be true and he could be onto something.

At first I liked Bill, I thought he was a nice guy but as I got to know him, he hide something, some very dark but not all the hidden. He is too good to be true. Is he a psychopath? Or just your average backyard crazy? There are a number of questions I’d like to ask Bill. Mainly did he choose to come to Shadyhill for a reason? I have this hunch, a feeling in my stomach that he came to Shadyhill for a particular reason, someone who had wronged him. I could be way of the mark but that’s the feeling I get. Now Rick, Julie’s husband, he is shallow. To do what he did for the reasons is below shallow. I gasped out loud as I read it.

I enjoyed the speed the story developed at.The dialogue between the characters was rounded and not flat, they said what was needed and it was purposeful. I felt the characters was well developed and believable. Even Beau Bradford. Yes he annoyed me, yes I wanted to wring his neck at times, that said it makes for a believable character.
This is a good started to a series, it was longer than a novella. I enjoyed it and would say its worth reading. For me it was a quick read and there’s nothing wrong with that.