jezzy

J-J

I love reading and i will read, well, try, just about any book. My favourite genre is paranormal. Yep i am a huge fan of vampires. Recently i have started reading romance novels. I also enjoy erotica novels, the likes of 50 shades, the crossfire series.

Much more recent i have discovered indie authors and i am enjoying reading their books.

My motto is :- Read what you love, Love what you read!!

Fury (New Species, #1)

Fury (New Species, #1) - Laurann Dohner A friend recommended this series to me. She said i would love them. And she was right.

On to the book. This is book 1 in the series.

Scientists had been creating people with mixed DNA, animal DNA and they'd been doing this for years. Yet these people had been tortured and used over and over again. Never seeing the light of day only ever seeing the walls of their cells. Made to endear endless pain and torture. For years. No one will ever know how many was created and how many died. Word got out that this was happening try as the might they police couldn't get anyone on the inside. Then they meet Ellie who already works for the pharmaceutical company. She gets in on the other work. It horrifies her to know what is being done to these people. On her first day she see's 416 (later to be known as Fury) the experiments wasn't given names, just numbers. There is something about 416 that appeals to Ellie.

Ellie is in a room with a one way mirror and she see's Jacob, a man who works there and he is one of the meanest and nastiest man there. He was in with Fury and Fury was going to pay for breaking the doctors nose a month earlier. Ellie can't let this happen and has to step in. The doctor was assaulting Fury and would of raped him if Ellie hadn't stop him.She ends up killing the doctor but she has to lay the blame on Fury otherwise she wouldn't be able to get the files she was storing in her stomach to her handler. Otherwise it would all be for nothing. Fury had been given a strong drug to make him more compliant and he couldn't even move. Fury over hears Ellie speaking and he thinks its aimed at him. He vows to get revenge.

I loved all the issues that faced the new species, how they coped and adjusted to life. They struggled to come to terms with being free. It wasn't all plain sailing for them. Some humans decided that they was against the ''two legged'' animals and wanted them all put down.

This was a great starter book, it drew out the outline of the story and although it did centre around Ellie and Fury, there was other characters being introduced. There is some hot sex in it too.